Sunday 4 November 2007

Marley on You Tube

I am familiar with You Tube and have looked at it on several occasions to find certain things that I am interested in. I find there are a lot of apalling things on there - just absolutely not worth the time - but if you know what you want, the clips can be worthwhile and for example can give action to something you are reading.

I am just in the middle of reading Marley and me by John Grogan, and it had me laughing out loud in places - which I don't often do when I read... I am now approaching the end and feel I will be shortly sobbing - so I was pleased to find some video footage of Marley on You Tube. I did find a brief bit of him at home with one of John's children in an interview with John Grogan as well, but the one I have put here is of when Marley was a film star. It is mentioned in the book that he played the family dog in a film called "The Last Home Run" that went straight to video - so here are Marley's scenes from that film.




In a Library situation - book reviews or author interviews (from You Tube) could be put onto the library's webpage - and even local librarians commenting on new items or events could be uploaded - or a snippet of bookclubs or storytime would promote the library and books and put them out there for people in an interesting way.

No comments: